Hyacinth Gaudart et al.
This reference-cum-practice book has been developed for intermediate-level students at tertiary institutions. The book has been updated taking into account the feedback from current users. Nevertheless, the original format has been retained. The book contains a number of special features that make the study of grammar both easy and effective.
- The rules of English are explained in a simple and clear manner.
- The explanations of grammar points are backed up with focused exercises.
- The emphasis is on the main grammatical problems that students encounter.
- The final chapter has short sections on ‘individual’ problem words in alphabetical order.
- Common mistakes are highlighted and then correct equivalents given.
- A comprehensive table of contents and an index help the learner locate the grammar points.
- A complete answer key is appended.