Nuraisyah Chua Abdullah
This book makes available cases and materials on the Act to assist in its study and application. It provides insightful commentary on the provisions of the Act. Reference is made to related legislation which impact on the functioning of family law as it applies to non-Muslims in Malaysia. A vast body of case law both local and foreign, principally from England and Singapore, has been surveyed to prepare helpful summaries of the cases which shed light on the application of statutory provisions. The commentary also considers and provides views on issues and difficulties which have arisen in the application of the Act.
- Provides insightful commentary on the Act
- Contains new case law 2013 - 2017
- Considers the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) (Amendment) Act 2017
- Provides updated provisions arising from the 2017 Amendment Act in a separate Appendix
- Delivered exclusively on ProView: Comparison of key features of the Act against corresponding provisions in the law of Singapore, England and Hong Kong. This will be enhanced and expanded with more content within 3 months of publication