Charles W. L. Hill, Melissa A. Schilling, Gareth R. Jones
Copyright 2020 | Published 2019
This edition introduces today's accumulated knowledge of strategic management scholarship in a way that is extremely accessible to students with engaging, cutting-edge research and 31 short and long case studies from well-known, leading global companies.
Free Digital Access for 30days
Part I: INTRODUCTION TO STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT.
1. Strategic Leadership: Managing the Strategy-Making Process for Competitive Analysis.
2. External Analysis: The Identification of Opportunities and Threats.
Part II: THE NATURE OF COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.
3. Internal Analysis: Resources and Competitive Advantage
4. Building Competitive Advantage Through Functional-Level Strategy.
Part III: STRATEGIES.
5. Building Competitive Advantage Through Business-Level Strategy.
6. Business-Level Strategy and the Industry Environment.
7. Strategy and Technology.
8. Strategy in the Global Environment.
9. Corporate-Level Strategy: Horizontal Integration, Vertical Integration, and Strategic Outsourcing.
10. Corporate-Level Strategy: Related and Unrelated Diversification.
Part IV: IMPLEMENTING STRATEGY.
11. Corporate Governance, Social Responsibility and Ethics.
12. Implementing Strategy through Organization.
Part V: Cases in Strategic Management
A. Analyzing a Case Study and Writing a Case Study Analysis
B. 31 Cases – Expertly written by the authors, this section includes 11 short cases and 20 long cases, covering a wide range of industries, companies and topics.