AUTHOR: JAMES E. ANDERSON
To explain the fundamentals of public policy, this best-selling text focuses on the process behind the crafting of legislation. By examining the individual steps-from identifying a problem, to agenda setting, to evaluation, revision, or termination of a policy-students are able to see how different factors influence the creation of policy. Each chapter features at least one case study that illustrates how general ideas are applied to specific policy issues. This new Eighth Edition provides thoughtful updates based on the 2012 election and completely revised case studies.
1. The Study of Public Policy.
2. The Policy-Makers and Their Environment.
3. Policy Formation: Problems, Agendas, and Formulation.
4. Policy Adoption.
5. Budgeting and Public Policy.
6. Policy Implementation.
7. Policy Impact, Evaluation, and Change.
8. Concluding Comments.