Authors: Beth Maher, Natasha Haugnes
Collection: NorthStar Reading and Writing - New Edition
Subject: Integrated Skills
Book - Reading and Writing
This digital version includes the same content as the print Book.
- 8 units per level
- Focus on Topic: each unit begins with a speaking exercise with questions that draw students into the topic and initiate critical thinking, encouraging students to make a personal connection.
- Focus on Reading ? the unit leads with a Reading exercise with two thought-provoking texts to stimulate students. A comprehension exercise reinforces meaning and pronunciation. Students are encouraged to take notes on main ideas and details on both readings, helping them to more deeply understand the ideas presented.
- Explicit skill instruction and practice: step-by-step practice builds students? critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Focus on Writing: students review and expand on the unit vocabulary, and practice grammar structures to prepare them for the final speaking test.
- A task-based approach to process writing: a final writing task gives students an opportunity to integrate the ideas, vocabulary, and grammar presented in the unit.
Pearson Practice English App
Access a whole world of English teaching, and learn on-the-go.
Our app brings everything you need into one place, enabling students to practice learning English, anytime and anywhere on their device. All teaching materials, learning materials, audio files and video files are downloadable, and once downloaded can be accessed offline.
- Extra Grammar and Vocabulary exercises for each unit
- Student Book audio
- Student Book video
Resources can be accessed online as printable pdfs.
- Downloadable achievement tests
- Classroom audio
- Video activities