Introduce your students to the fundamentals of Microsoft® Visual Basic with the step-by-step, visual approach and professional programming opportunities in MICROSOFT® VISUAL BASIC® 2017 FOR WINDOWS® APPLICATIONS: INTRODUCTORY. This edition’s innovative, step-by-step presentation blends insightful demonstrations of professional programs with in-depth discussions of programming concepts and techniques. Students practice what they’ve learned with numerous independent programming assignments in each chapter. This new volume retains the most effective, popular features from previous editions while emphasizing the changing development process in today’s increasingly mobile-oriented world. Use this edition to provide a strong initial foundation for the number one job in today’s tech sector -- app development -- as your students gain a valuable understanding of Windows® programming for 2017
- REALISTIC, UP-TO-DATE APPLICATIONS PROVIDE MEANINGFUL PROGRAMMING PRACTICE. Each programming chapter focuses on building a sample project that is a complete, useful application showcasing key Visual Basic 2017 features and the latest technology. Each chapter project and end-of-chapter case project reflects real business program development to correspond with today’s workforce mission.
- GUIDED STEPS ENCOURAGE INDEPENDENCE. After observing how a professional developer would build the chapter project and exploring related programming concepts and Visual Basic 2017 techniques, students create each chapter’s sample application on their own in the Guided Program Development section. This step-by-step section provides enough guidance for students to work independently, with Hint Screens that verify students are performing the tasks correctly.
- "CONSIDER THIS" FEATURES ENCOURAGE INDEPENDENT PROBLEM SOLVING. This unique feature poses thought-provoking questions and provides answers related to programming and Visual Basic. This approachencourages readers to critically consider options and learn to resolve challenges on their own.
- CLEAR DISCUSSIONS OFFER MUCH MORE THAN STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTION. Each chapter offers distinctive discussions of the programming concepts students need to understand to build the sample application. Each presentation highlights important Visual Basic 2017 design and programming features, including time-saving techniques, such as using IntelliSense, code snippets, and the Toolbox. Students even design and prepare for applications the way professional developers do -- by creating or analyzing requirements documents, use case definitions, and event planning documents.
- IN THE REAL WORLD BOXES HIGHLIGHT PROFESSIONAL TIPS, TOOLS, AND TECHNIQUES. This feature provides valuable insights into how today’s developers use Visual Basic tools and programming techniques to save time or to enhance professional development projects.
- "WATCH OUT FOR" BOXES PROVIDE CAUTIONS ABOUT COMMON ERRORS. These helpful features throughout the book explain how to avoid common pitfalls when using a particular command, programming structure, or technique.
- CRITICAL THINKING BOXES HELP PROGRAMMERS DEVELOP ESSENTIAL REASONING SKILLS. Critical thinking is an essential part of the programming process. Developers need to be able to reason strategically and justify their decisions to craft an effective program. Critical Thinking boxes in this new 2017 edition encourage students to further explore the ideas in the chapters.
1. Introduction to Visual Basic 2017 Programming.
2. Program and Graphical User Interface Design.
3. Program Design and Coding.
4. Variables and Arithmetic Operations.
5. Decision Structures.
6. Loop Structures.
7. Using Procedures and Exception Handling.
8. Using Arrays and File Handling.
9. Creating Web Applications.
10. Incorporating Databases with ADO.NET.
11. Multiple Classes and Inheritance.
Enrichment Chapter (Chapter 12): Windows Store Apps.