Malaysian Land Law and Procedure seeks to provide succinct, comprehensive and up-to-date explanation of the concepts and principles of land law for the benefit of legal practitioners, legal and judicial officers, inhouse lawyers, law students, and others seeking to gain understanding of Malaysian land law as embodied in the National Land Code (Revised 2020) (Act 828).
This textbook elaborates on the Torrens system as applicable in the land administration system in Peninsular Malaysia, focusing on explaining the statutory provisions of the major areas of land law supported by case law and supplemented with discussion on the procedural aspects.
Practical and contextual in its approach, this textbook enlivens the subject from the legal, theoretical, administrative and procedural aspects. Academic details are explained in a straightforward style, enhanced by additional examples, extracts, diagrams, and sample documents which provide the building blocks of a clear framework, enabling readers to gain a confident understanding of the essential principles. Readers wanting to explore areas of interest in more depth are encouraged to do so by further consulting the references included in the footnotes.
- Provides clear and current explanation of the concepts and principles of the Malaysian land law and procedure as applicable in Peninsular Malaysia.
- Discusses major characteristics and general features of Malaysian land law and its development through a discussion of the provisions of the National Land Code (Revised 2020) as well as other relevant statutes and judicial decisions.
- Includes useful examples, extracts, diagrams, and sample documents.
- Case law analysis illustrates the law in action, helping readers to visualise the real-life applications of the law and demystify abstract concepts.
- Contains instructive references for further research.
- Evolution of Land Administration System in Peninsular Malaysia
- The Torrens System and its Application in Peninsular Malaysia
- General Concepts of Real Property
- Extent and Nature of the Enjoyment of Land
- Rights and Powers of the State Authority
- Protection of Unregistered and Registrable Interests
- Dealings and Registration of Dealings
- Indefeasibility of Titles and Interests
- Dealings to Transfer Title and Interest in Land
- Leases and Tenancies
- Security Dealings Over Land or Lease
- Malay Reservation Land: Part 1
- Malay Reservation Land: Part 2
- Compulsory Acquisition of Land
- Strata Titles
- Land Development