About the Book
A very much needed text that has been long missing from the market, this book covers the foundational subject of Legal Method through 19 well executed and informative chapters. Authored by a mix of writers from diverse backgrounds and experience, this title covers both the theoretical and practical aspects of legal method where the core of this subject is related to judicial interpretation of statutes , the appreciation of case law, and the application of the doctrine of stare decisis. As Malaysia adopts the Common Law and Shariah legal systems, the contents of this book discuss both these systems. Among the important topics covered are statutory interpretation, the drafting and making of legislation, and the workings of binding precedents.
This is a comprehensive student text which provides essential guidance for a compulsory paper in the Malaysian LLB program and the chapters follow the course outline/syllabus of most Malaysian universities. The chapters have been carefully constructed to cover as much details as possible and the wealth of knowledge shared by the contributors ensures that this book will definitely be the main go-to text for all students.
- Comprehensive student text covering a compulsory paper in Malaysian LLB programmes
- Chapters follow the course outline/syllabus of most Malaysian universities
- Multiple contributors from various universities (public & private)
- Local book that provides a clear understanding of the legal, legislative and judicial processes both from the theoretical and practical approaches
- Includes the Shariah law perspectives as well