Intentional Interviewing And Counseling, Facilitating Client Development in a Multicultural Society, 10th Edition
- Regular price
- RM 89.00
- Sale price
- RM 89.00
- Regular price
Develop original, clear interviewing skills with the hallmark microskills approach within INTENTIONAL INTERVIEWING AND COUNSELING: FACILITATING CLIENT DEVELOPMENT IN A MULTICULTURAL SOCIETY, 10E. This text provides the insights and tools you need to address individual and multicultural uniqueness. You learn to conduct interviews using six different theoretical approaches as you begin to develop a personalized style of interviewing and counseling that matches your aptitudes and affinities. This is the only text of its kind that demonstrates how to understand and use the latest neuroscience developments in counseling practice. Updates detail how counseling and psychotherapy change the brain and build new neural networks in both client and counselor. New content also emphasizes telehealth and trauma counseling and the effects of stress and the pandemic. Timely case studies, sample interviews and a "Portfolio of Competencies" help you master key skills and become a better listener.
Preface and Introduction.
Demystifying the Helping Process.
Section I: THE FOUNDATIONS OF COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY.
1. Intentional Interviewing, Counseling, and Psychotherapy.
2. Ethics And Multicultural Competence: Stress and Trauma, Building Resilience
3. Listening, Attending and Empathy: Essential for Relationship Building
4. Observation Skills.
Section II: THE BASIC LISTENING SEQUENCE: HOW TO ORGANIZE A SESSION.
5. Questions: Opening Communication.
6. Encouraging, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing: Active Listening and Cognition.
7. Observing and Reflecting Feelings: The Heart of Empathic Understanding.
8. How to Conduct a Five-Stage Counseling Session Using Only Listening Skills.
Section III: FOCUSING AND EMPATHIC CONFRONTATION: NEUROSCIENCE, MEMORY, AND THE INFLUENCING SKILLS.
9. Focusing the Counseling Session: Contextualizing and Broadening the Story.
10. Empathic Confrontation and the Creative New: Identifying and Challenging Client Conflict.
Section IV: INTERPERSONAL INFLUENCING SKILLS FOR CREATIVE CHANGE.
11. Reflection of Meaning and Interpretation/Reframing: Helping Clients Restory Their Lives.
12. Action Skills for Building Resilience and Managing Stress: Self-Disclosure, Feedback, Logical Consequences, Directives/Instruction, and Psychoeducation.
Section V: SKILL INTEGRATION, THEORY INTO PRACTICE, AND DETERMINING PERSONAL STYLE.
13. Counseling Theory and Practice: How to Integrate the Microskills Approach with Multiple Approaches.
14. Skill Integration and Determining Personal Style.
Appendix I: The Ivey Taxonomy: Definitions of the Microskills and Strategies with Anticipated Client Response.
Appendix II: Ethics.
Appendix III: The Family Genogram.
Appendix IV: Counseling, Neuroscience/Neurobiology, and Microskills.
Appendix V: Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes: An Instrument for Assessment and Treatment Planning.