The How to... series is a great collection of straightforward, user-friendly teacher development books. All titles are written by experienced teachers and teacher trainers and each offers a range of practical teaching ideas within a clear, theoretical framework. Each book contains a photocopiable ‘Task File’ of practical exercises and activities.
This latest title in the How to… series provides a practical guide to the theory of listening in the language classroom and the skills required in its teaching. The book includes:
- An explanation of the main principles behind listening in the language teaching classroom
- A discussion of key topics such as authenticity, testing, and using technology for listening
- Practical ideas for conducting an effective listening lesson
- Strategies to ensure the long term development of students’ listening skills
- A task file of photocopiable training activities