William M. Pride, Robert J. Hughes, Jack R. Kapoor
Recognized for its concise, easy-to-understand approach, Pride/Hughes/Kapoor's FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS, 6E helps students build the solid foundation they need to succeed in today's competitive business world and in their personal lives. Up-to-date coverage presents forms of business ownership, management and organization, human resources management, marketing, social media and e-business, information systems, accounting, and finance. Students study how a nation's economy affects both individuals and business, ethics and social responsibility, small business and entrepreneurship, and the global environment. In addition, new cutting-edge topics examine the impact of social media on business, international business, green and socially responsible business and sustainability.
Part I: THE ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. Exploring the World of Business and Economics.
2. Ethics and Social Responsibility in Business.
3. Global Business.
Part II: BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP.
4. Choosing a Form of Business Ownership.
5. Small Business, Entrepreneurship, and Franchises.
Part III: MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION.
6. Understanding the Management Process.
7. Creating a Flexible Organization.
8. Producing Quality Goods and Services.
Part IV: HUMAN RESOURCES.
9. Attracting and Retaining the Best Employees.
10. Motivating and Satisfying Employees and Teams.
Part V: MARKETING.
11. Building Customer Relationships Through Effective Marketing.
12. Creating and Pricing Products That Satisfy Customers.
13. Distributing and Promoting Products.
Part VI: INFORMATION, ACCOUNTING, AND FINANCE.
14. Exploring Social Media and e-Business.
15. Using Management and Accounting Information.
16. Mastering Financial Management.
Appendix A: Understanding Personal Finances and Investments.
Appendix B: Careers in Business.
Appendix C: Enhancing Union-Management Relations.
Appendix D: Risk Management and Insurance.
Appendix E: Business Law, Regulation, and Taxation.