Elizabeth Reynolds Welfel
ISBN-13: 9781305089723 | ISBN-10: 1305089723
Copyright 2016 | Published 2015 | 624 pages
Part I: A FRAMEWORK FOR UNDERSTANDING PROFESSIONAL ETHICAL VALUES AND STANDARDS.
1. Introduction to Professional Ethics: A Psychology and Philosophy for Ethical Practice.
2. A Model for Ethical Practice: Using Resources to Enhance Individual Judgment and Ethical Resolve.
3. Ethical Practice in a Multicultural Society: The Promise of Justice.
Part II: MAJOR ETHICAL ISSUES FOR COUNSELORS AND THERAPISTS.
4. Competence to Practice: Building a Foundation for Doing Good and Avoiding Harm.
5. Confidentiality: Supporting the Client's Right to Privacy.
6. Informed Consent: Affirming the Client's Freedom of Choice.
7. Sexual Contact with Clients, Students, Supervisees, and Research Participants: Violations of Power and Trust.
8. Nonsexual Multiple Relationships and Boundary Issues: Risking Objectivity and Client Welfare.
9. Interventions with Groups, Couples, and Families: Unique Ethical Responsibilities.
10. The Ethics of Assessment: Using Fair Procedures in Responsible Ways.
Part III: WHEN PREVENTION FAILS: ETHICAL RESPONSES TO UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR..
11. Responsibilities for Self and Colleagues: Reporting, Recover, and Rehabilitation of Misconduct.
Part IV: ETHICAL ISSUES IN SPECIAL SETTINGS.
12. Ethics in Community, College, Addiction, and Forensic Settings: Avoiding Conflicts of Interest.
13. The Professional School Counselor: Applying Professional Standards to the Educational Culture.
14. The Ethics of Supervision and Consultation: Modeling Responsible Behavior.
15. Counselors and Therapists as Teachers and Researchers: Integrity, Science, and Care.
Appendix A: American Counseling Association, Code of Ethics, and Standards of Practice.
Appendix B: American Psychological Association, Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
Appendix C: Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
Appendix D: List of Specialized Ethics Codes and Guidelines in Mental Health Disciplines.