- Kenneth C. Laudon
- Carol Guercio Traver
- 16th edition | Published by Pearson - Copyright © 2022
For courses in e-commerce.
E-commerce 2021: Business, Technology, and Society will help you master the many ways e-commerce is altering business practices and driving shifts in the global economy. You'll focus on key concepts and the latest empirical and financial data for an in-depth look at e-commerce today. The text is grounded in hundreds of examples from companies, such as Facebook®, Google®, Twitter®, Amazon®, Pinterest®, eBay®, Uber®, WhatsApp®, and Snapchat®. Each case study brings a key concept to life for a more memorable, relevant learning experience.
The 17th Edition has been updated through October 2021. It includes the latest insights concerning privacy and piracy, government surveillance, cyberwar, fintech, social local-mobile marketing, internet sales taxes, and intellectual property.
PART 1: INTRODUCTION TO E-COMMERCE
1. The Revolution Is Just Beginning
2. E-commerce Business Models and Concepts
PART 2: TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE FOR E-COMMERCE
3. E-commerce Infrastructure: The Internet, Web, and Mobile Platform
4. Building an E-commerce Presence: Websites, Mobile Sites, and Apps
5. E-commerce Security and Payment Systems
PART 3: BUSINESS CONCEPTS AND SOCIAL ISSUES
6. E-commerce Marketing and Advertising Concepts
7. Social, Mobile, and Local Marketing
8. Ethical, Social, and Political Issues in E-commerce
PART 4: E-COMMERCE IN ACTION
9. Online Retail and Services
10. Online Content and Media
11. Social Networks, Auctions, and Portals
12. B2B E-commerce: Supply Chain Management and Collaborative Commerce