Creative Activities and Curriculum for Young Children, 11th Edition
- Regular price
- RM 130.00
- Sale price
- RM 130.00
- Regular price
Mary Mayesky, Ph.D.
Published: © 2015
CREATIVE ACTIVITIES AND CURRICULUM FOR YOUNG CHILDREN, Eleventh Edition, is an invaluable resource for early childhood teachers, child-care providers, and pre-service and in-service elementary teachers that provides sound developmental theory and its practical application. It is written for anyone who wants to know more about creativity, creative children, creative teaching, and creative curriculum and activities that can be applied to classroom settings. Updated throughout, the Eleventh Edition features expanded coverage of professional standards, including NAEYC program standards and accreditation criteria as well as Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) guidelines in early childhood programs. It also includes new brain research, new Did You Get It? quiz questions throughout each chapter, TeachSource Video features with questions for reflection and discussion, new topics in the This One's For You! and Think About It features, and nearly all new photos. Multicultural education has been integrated throughout the text with material on creativity in an anti-bias curriculum as well as numerous creative multicultural activity ideas. Students will turn to this resource throughout their professional careers.
Part I: FOSTERING CREATIVITY AND AESTHETICS IN YOUNG CHILDREN: THEORETICAL BASIS.
1. The Concept of Creativity.
2. Promoting Creativity.
3. The Concept of Aesthetics.
4. Promoting Aesthetic Experiences.
Part II: PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTING CREATIVE ACTIVITIES: DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE PRACTICE.
5. Children, Teachers, and Creative Activities.
6. Creative Environments.
7. Play, Development, and Creativity.
8. Using Technology to Promote Creativity.
Part III: ART AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE YOUNG CHILD.
9. Art and Physical–Mental Growth.
10. Art and Social–Emotional Growth.
11. Developmental Levels and Art.
Part IV: THE EARLY CHILDHOOD ART PROGRAM.
12. Program Basics: Goals, Setting Up, Materials, and Strategies.
13. Two-Dimensional Activities.
14. Three-Dimensional Activities.
Part V: CREATIVE ACTIVITIES FOR THE EARLY CHILDHOOD CURRICULUM.
15. Dramatic Play and Puppetry.
16. Creative Movement.
17. Creative Music.
18. Creative Language Experiences.
19. Creative Science.
20. Creative Mathematics.
21. Creative Food Experiences.
22. Creative Social Studies.
A. Gross- and Fine-Motor Skills.
B. Language Development Objectives and Activities for Infants and Toddlers.
C. Art Talk Summary.
D. Exhibitions and Displays.
E. Recycled Materials.
F. Criteria for Selecting Play Equipment for Young Children.