Campbell Essential Biology, 6th Edition
- Regular price
- RM 90.00
- Sale price
- RM 90.00
- Regular price
Eric J. Simon / Jane B. Reece / Rebecca A. Burton / Jean L. Dickey
Develop and Practice Science Literacy Skills
Teach students to view their world using scientific reasoning with Campbell Essential Biology. The authors’ approach equips your students to become better informed citizens, relate concepts from class to their everyday lives, and understand and apply real data, making biology relevant and meaningful to their world and futures.
The new edition incorporates instructor feedback on what key skills to highlight in new Process of Science essays and uses striking infographic figures in conveying real data to help students see and better understand how science actually works. New author-narrated Figure Walkthrough Videos guide students through key biology concepts and processes.
New topics in Why It Matters inspire curiosity and provide real-world examples to convey why abstract concepts like cell respiration or photosynthesis matter to students.
- UPDATED! Process of Science essays present the material in a non-linear and highly visual format, aligning with widely accepted models of how science actually works.
- Ch 13: Did Natural Selection Shape the Beaks of Darwin's Finches?
- Ch 14: Do Human Activities Facilitate Speciation?
- Ch 16: What Killed the Pines?
- Ch 20: Does Biodiversity Protect Human Health?
- Ch 27: Can Botulism Toxin Prevent Headaches?
Guide students through complex biological processes with engaging visuals
- NEW! Figure Walkthroughs, written and narrated by the author team, include a QR Code to an accompanying short video that explains the concept or process. The videos are assignable in Mastering Biology.
- UPDATED! “Why It Matters” photo collages have been updated to increase student curiosity about biology and give students real-world examples to convey why abstract concepts like cell respiration or photosynthesis matter. The authors have made improvements and updates based on reviewer feedback.
- Select chapters have new Chapter Threads, and all Chapter Thread essays have been updated for currency and relevancy. Each Chapter Thread weaves a compelling topic throughout the chapter, highlighted in the Biology and Society, The Process of Science, and Evolution Connection essays. New Chapter Threads include:
- Chapter 13: Evolution in Action
- Chapter 14: Evolution in the Human Dominated World
- Chapter 18: Biodiversity in Decline
- Chapter 20: Importance of Biodiversity
- Chapter 27: Neurotoxins