Frank P. Incropera, David P. DeWitt, Theodore L. Bergman, Adrienne S. Lavine
ISBN: 978-1-119-38291-1 October 2017 1008 Pages
Incropera's Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer has been the gold standard of heat transfer pedagogy for many decades, with a commitment to continuous improvement by four authors’ with more than 150 years of combined experience in heat transfer education, research and practice. Applying the rigorous and systematic problem-solving methodology that this text pioneered an abundance of examples and problems reveal the richness and beauty of the discipline. This edition makes heat and mass transfer more approachable by giving additional emphasis to fundamental concepts, while highlighting the relevance of two of today’s most critical issues: energy and the environment.
You can access these resources for student companion at free of charge. Selected answerkeys are provided.
Answers to selected exercises
- The presentation is built around four central learning objectives:
- The reader should internalize the meaning of the terminology and physical principles associated with heat transfer
- The reader should be able to delineate pertinent transport phenomena for any process or system involving heat transfer
- The reader should be able to use requisite inputs for computing heat transfer rates and/or material temperatures
- The reader should be able to develop representative models of real processes and systems and draw conclusions concerning process/system design or performance from the attendant analysis
- Teaches students the rigorour and systematic problem-solving methodology developed and honed by the authors
- A wealth of example problems show how to apply the material across various engineering disciplines and fields
- Identifies problems that are uniquely suited for solving with a computational software tool, both to increase efficiency and to decrease errors