This book is hardcover, with E-book Duo package
Dr Tay Pek San is an associate professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Malaya. She has 25 years of experience teaching intellectual property law and researching in that area. Her keen interest in intellectual property law inspired her to write this book to share her knowledge and to meet the many requests from her previous students for a text on Malaysian intellectual property law.
NEW IN THIS EDITION:
- Analyses the legislative and judicial developments in Malaysian intellectual property law since the first edition of the book.
- Incorporates key developments in the international protection of intellectual property.
- Details the progress of the ASEAN Intellectual Property Cooperation.
- Explains the trademark registration process under the Madrid Protocol.
- Includes new chapters on registered trademark law under the Trademarks Act 2019.
- Discusses the scope of the Copyright (Amendment) Act 2020 and judicial decisions that clarify important copyright principles.
- Highlights the impact of significant patent law decisions handed down by the Federal Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Contains ProView Extra materials available.
Table of Contents:
2. Trademarks: Background and International Aspects
3. Passing Off: Goodwill
4. Passing Off: Misrepresentation
5. Passing Off: Damage
6. Registrable Trademarks
7. Registrability of Trademarks I: Absolute Grounds for Refusal of Registration
8. Registrability of Trademarks II: Relative Grounds for Refusal of Registration
9. Trademark Registration and Its Effect
10. Infringement of Trademarks
11. Acts Not Constituting Trademark Infringement
12. Alteration, Correction, Cancellation, Revocation and Invalidation of Trademark Registration
13. Trademark Enforcement
14. The Law of Geographical Indications
15. Copyright: Background and International Aspects
16. Requirements for Copyright Protection
17. Works Eligible for Copyright
18. Authorship and Ownership of Copyright
19. Dealings in Copyright ad Duration
20. The Exclusive Rights of a Copyright Owner, Infringement and Remedies
21. Defences to Copyright Infringement
22. Copyright Offences and Border Measures
23. Moral Rights
24. Performers’ Right
25. Patents: Background, International Aspects and Practical Matters
27. Ownership, Dealings in Patents and Related Matters
28. Patent Infringement, Invalidation and Defences
29. Registered Industrial Designs: Background, International Aspects and Requirements for Protection
30. Registered Industrial Designs: Ownership, Infringement, Defences, Revocation and Rectification
31. Confidential Information