Elliott & Quinn’s English Legal System is the ideal companion to anyone studying law at University. Relied upon by generations of students and renowned for its wide-ranging coverage and engaging writing style, this text also includes a range of student-friendly features making it your definitive guide to all aspects of the English legal system.
● Based on the original work by Catherine Elliott and Frances Quinn, this new edition continues to offer the trademark clarity of writing for which this book is known making it an ideal text for anyone requiring an engaging overview of the English legal system.
● Offers unrivalled coverage of all aspects of the English legal system, including coverage of core concepts in law that are not typically found in other textbooks in this area.
● Areas of academic debate, criticisms of the current law and reform options are highlighted throughout the text to encourage the reader to analyse and develop their own views on the more controversial areas of the English legal system.
● A range of features are included throughout the book to help you to get to grips with the subject quickly and to reinforce your understanding, including:
○ Key case boxes to help you identify and understand the legal principles developed from leading case law;
○ ‘Bigger picture’ boxes to illustrate how the law applies in real-world situations;
○ Typical exam questions and detailed guidance on answering them to illustrate how to apply the legal principles in exams;
○ Additional reading suggestions to encourage you to read more widely around the subject.